Colorado Real Estate Exam Info
What is required to get a license?
- Proof of age 18 and above.
- Proof of completion of 168 hours of pre license education.
- Complete and pass the real estate examination.
- You must complete a background check requirement.
- You must have a policy of errors and omissions insurance.
- Once you have all the required documents and have passed your real estate exam you can apply online
- Fees: Examination Fees (Broker: $90). License (broker: $485).
What score do I need to pass?
The exam consists of 80 national questions and 74 state specific questions. To pass, you must answer correctly at least 60 of the national questions and 53 of the state specific questions.
You will receive your score immediately after you complete your exam.
How much time do I have to complete the exam?
- You are allowed 120 minutes for the national portion and 110 minutes for the state specific portion.
What should I bring with me for the exam?
- 2 forms of identification with matching names, non-expired and containing a valid signature. (Driver’s license, passport, green card, U.S. social security card, debit or credit card with signature). One of them must be government issued and photo bearing.
- An on-screen calculator will be provided on site.
- All candidates will also be required to complete an affidavit before being allowed to sit for the exam. If appropriate, you must bring a copy of your eligibility certificate or REC-33 (electronic versions are accepted) to support the choice selected in the affidavit.
What is the format of the exam?
The exam is given on a computer.
What is on the exam?
The national portion of the multiple choice exam consists of the following sections:
- Property Ownership
- Land use controls and regulations
- Valuation and market analysis
- General principles of agency
- Property condition and disclosures
- Transfer of title
- Real estate calculations
- Specialty areas
The state-specific portion of the multiple choice exam consists of the following sections:
- Duties and Powers of the Real Estate Commission
- Licensing Requirements
- Requirements Governing the Activities of Licenses
- Additional Topics
- Colorado Forms and Contracts
- Record Keeping and Trust Accounts
- Closing and Settlement
- Brokerage Relationships